In order to ensure an accurate diagnosis and a deep understanding of your current state of health, first visits will typically be longer and will cover a wide variety of topics. Here’s what you can expect from your initial examination with Dr. Maggie:
- Your visit will start with an extensive inventory of your medical history and a physical that will last anywhere from 1–2 hours.
- A nutritional assessment will be taken based on an interview and various labs.
- Diagnosis and treatments will be based on Functional Medicine, Western Medicine, and Chinese Medicine.
- Arrangements have been made with major national labs to provide a special pricing for patients with no insurance. For those patients with insurance, we try to work with their primary doctor so that perhaps he can order prescriptions so that the insurance will cover them.
- We will determine if the patients is in an acute or chronic stage of a disease.
- A personalized treatment plan will be designed for that patient that will include but not be limited to:
- Food therapy. A complete dietary plan will be put in place for the patient.
- Life style changes
- We treat the root cause of a disease (disease are just the branches) and just like a tree once the root is healthy so will the branches.
Every aspect of the patients life will be taken in consideration, such as age, gender, household environment, financials, ethnicity, health status, spirituality, psychological profile and stress.